APPZXOR
Hello and welcome to APPZXOR,

We would appreciate if you register so you can enjoy
the full benefits of browsing, viewing and using our forum.
Here are some features:

• Create threads;
• Reply to threads;
• View links & images;
• Leave positive or negative feedback to a member.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register!
It's free, quick and easy!
APPZXOR
Hello and welcome to APPZXOR,

We would appreciate if you register so you can enjoy
the full benefits of browsing, viewing and using our forum.
Here are some features:

• Create threads;
• Reply to threads;
• View links & images;
• Leave positive or negative feedback to a member.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register!
It's free, quick and easy!
APPZXOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Applications Become AppZ. Join Us Now!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» See you next decade.
How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeby LarsValraz Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:43 pm

» Clean Up On Database
How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeby Vex338 Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 pm

» Guess who's back!
How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeby Vex338 Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:16 pm

» [COC] Clash of Clans
How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeby D'ShadowZRay Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:10 am

» iam new
How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeby D'ShadowZRay Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:06 am

» I need some help
How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeby akumasan_01 Fri May 01, 2015 1:25 pm

» HELLO GUYS! :))
How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeby Appz-RhastaSix Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:14 am

» Visual C# Programming Basics
How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeby Appz-RhastaSix Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 am

» Old Game!
How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeby iRegen Tue May 13, 2014 12:28 am

Top posters
[Detheroc_93]
How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop I_vote_lcapHow to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop I_voting_barHow to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop I_vote_rcap 
MrStar
How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop I_vote_lcapHow to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop I_voting_barHow to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop I_vote_rcap 
kurosakinaruto
GreyPhantom
ShadowSonic
Appzwesley29
z_f
MasterGandeo
Vex338
wafumon

Share | 

How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gk-[invisible]

Gk-[invisible]

How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop   How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Learn how to create an assassin wielding a deadly flaming arrow! This Photoshop tutorial will show you how to create an out-of-focus background, create a realistic flaming arrow using brushes and color combinations, and finish it off with a vignette and texture overlay.

Preview of Final Results

Assassin with a Flaming Arrow Photoshop Tutorial

Step 1: Create a New Image
We will start by creating a new image file, go to the Menu bar and click File > New, and then input the following values on their respective fields:

Preset: International Paper
Size: A4
Width: 2480 pixels
Height: 3508 pixels
Resolution: 300 pixels/inch
Color Mode: RGB Color; 8 bit
Background Contents: Transparent

Step 2: Create the Background

In this step, we will be creating the background of our image, which would be a dark and mystical forest where the assassin will be attacking her target. To start, let’s open “Fantasy Forest Stock” by Moonchilde-Stock. Once it is open, just activate the Move tool by pressing V on your keyboard and once this tool is active, left-click on our open stock image and drag it to our canvas.

Position the “Fantasy forest stock” as shown below:

Next, we would need to resize this image so activate the Transform tool by pressing Ctrl/Cmd + T and resize it as shown on the images below:

When you’re done, the image should now appear like this:

Next, we will have to blur this image to make it look like it is far from our subject. To start, make sure that the background image is selected and then go to Filter > Blur > Lens Blur. Once it opens, input the following:

After hitting OK, the result should be similar to this:

Now, we will be enhancing the light on this forest background. To start, click on the background layer and then create a new layer by pressing Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + N and once the box opens, input “Light 1” on the name box.

Activate the Brush tool (B) but before we start, make sure that the active Brushes are the default brushes. The default Photoshop brushes are shown on the image below, if that’s not what you see, then follow the instructions below:

Right click the canvas while a layer is selected and while the Brush tool (B) is activated and then click on the button highlighted below:

Then click on “Reset Brushes” from the contextual menu.

Now, that that is done input the following settings for our Brush tool (B):

Brush size: 1600px
Hardness: 0%
Opacity: 15%
Flow: 100%
#: fffdc7

The color of the brush that we need to use is “#: fffdc7” To change the current brush color, follow the steps below:

When the Color Picker box opens, input the following on the # space:

Now, that your brush has the right color for the intended light, we can now paint, but make sure that the “Light 1” layer is selected:

The result:

Next, create another new layer and put “Light 2” on the name box.

Once created, activate the Brush tool (B) and input the following:

Brush size: 2500px
#: ceb68d

Now, let’s paint:

The result of that should be similar to this:

When you’re done, select all the layers that you’ve created and press Ctrl/Cmd + G to group the layers. Once grouped, rename the layer to “Background”.

Note: To rename a group, simply double-click on the words “Group 1” to prompt a text box to appear and then you may be able to rename it. See image below:

Step 3: Create the Assassin

Now, we will be adding the Assassin which will be the subject of our artwork. To start, open “Southron Archer 4” by lindowyn stock. Once open, activate the Magnetic lasso Tool (L) and use it to create a selection area around the assassin. See images below:

Once you’ve created the selection area around the assassin, activate the Move tool (V) and drag the selected assassin to our canvas.

Position it above the Background group by dragging it on top of it.

Name this layer to “assassin”. Naming a layer is simple and similar to naming a group. Just double click on the words: “Layer 1” etc. and then a text box would appear and then you can name it.

Now, if you’ve noticed that we have to clean up the mess left on the assassin stock image. See image below:

To remove that, we would need to activate the Polygonal Lasso Tool (L).

Once activated, create a selection area around that remaining grass image from the “Southron Archer 4” image.

Next, we would have to blur the edges since we need to create a realistic depth of field which was lost during the process of creating a selection area around the assassin and moving it to the canvas.

Activate the Blur tool (R) and input the following settings:

Brush size: 35px
Mode: Normal
Strength: 100%

Next, blur the edges of the assassin as shown on the image below:

The result:

Next, we will enhance the color of this image to make it blend with the background.

Click on the “assassin” layer and then go to Image > Adjustments > Color Balance. Once this is open, input the following:

Color Levels: +15, 0, -15
Tone Balance: Midtones
Preserve Luminosity: Check

The result of that color adjustment should be similar to this:

Next, we will enhance the shadows on the assassin. To start, create a new layer (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + N) and name it “Darken”.

Put this layer above the assassin’s layer and right click on it and once the contextual menu is up, click on “Create Clipping Mask” so the paint would only be seen or “clipped” on the assassin. See images below:

Next, activate the Brush tool (B) and input the following:

Brush size: 400px
Opacity: 25%
#: 000000
#: 000000 is the color black.
Once you’re done, let us now paint:

Select all the layers that we’ve created for this step and press Ctrl/Cmd + G. Name this group to: “assassin”.

Step 4: Create the fire arrow

In this step, we will be adding flames to the assassin’s arrow rendering it more deadly and efficient. To start, let’s create a new layer (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + N) above the “assassin” group and name it “fire 1”.

Next, activate the Brush tool (B) and input the following:

Brush size: 600px
Hardness: Default
Opacity: 100%
#: fff992

Now, let’s paint:

Next, create another layer (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + N) and then name it “fire 2”.

Now, we will be using the “Fire Brushes” by Skippy3E, so activate the Brush tool (B) and then right click on the canvas to activate the contextual menu. Once activated click on the drop down menu and click on Load Brushes.

Once the Load Brushes option has been clicked, locate the “fire brushes” from the directory you’ve saved it into (as soon as you’ve downloaded it on the computer, its name will be changed to “assorted fire brushes by skippy3e”) and then click OK.

Now when you activate the contextual menu of the Brush tool (B), you’d see a bunch of fire brushes instead of the default circles.

Let’s activate this fire brush, now:

Once activated, input the following settings for the Brush tool (B):

Brush size: 1400px
#: ffb32e

Now, let’s paint:

Next, create a new layer (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + N) and name it “fire 3”.

Activate the Brush tool (B) and use the following fire brush:

nput the following settings now:

Brush size: 1500px
#: fffbb4

Now, let’s start painting:

The result of that should be like this:

Next, create a new layer once again (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + N) and name it “fire 4”.

Activate the Brush tool (B), right click the canvas, hit the drop down menu and click on Reset Brushes because we will need to use the default circular brushes.

Now that the brushes have been reset, input the following:

Brush size: 700px
#: ff8400

And, let’s paint:

The result:

Create a new layer once again and name it “fire 5”. Activate the Brush tool (B). Let’s load the “assorted fire brushes” by skippy3E once again. Use this fire brush:

Input the following settings now for the Brush tool (B):

Brush size: 2500px
#: b76206

Now, let’s paint:

The result is this orange glow:

Next, create a new layer and name it “fire 6”.

Activate the Brush tool (B) and reset the brushes and then input the following:

Brush size: 1000px
#: ffa415

Next, let’s paint:

The result:

Next, create another layer and name it “fire 7”. Activate the Brush tool and Load “Star brushes volume 1” by JonasKr. When it’s open, activate this brush:

Now, input the following settings for the brush:

Brush size: 1100px
#: ffd56c

Let us now paint:

The result:

Group all the layers we’ve created here (Ctrl/Cmd + G) and name this group to “Fire”.

Step 5: Enhance the light created by the fire

Now we will be adjusting the light and shadows created by the fire arrow. To start, create a new layer (Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + N) above the “fire” group; name this layer “glow”. Activate the Brush tool (B) and reset the brushes. Next, input the following:

Brush size: 700px
#: ffc262

Now, let’s start making the areas around the fire arrow glow:

Next, create a new layer and name it “Darken 1”. Activate the Brush tool (B) and input the following:

Opacity: 25%
Now, let’s paint:

The result of that would be like this:

Next, create another layer and name it “Darken 2”.

Activate the Brush tool (B) and input the following:

Let’s paint:

The result of that should be like this:

Step 6: Create a Vignette

In this step, we will learn how to create a vignette which will help enhance the focus on our subject. To start, go to the Menu bar and click on File > New and use the same settings we used to create our canvas. (Refer to Step 1).

Take note, the background contents should be: WHITE

Once it has been created, go to Filter > Distort > Lens Correction. Find the tab Vignette and use these settings:

Vignette amount: -100
Midpoint: +50

Now that that’s done drag the vignette to our canvas using the Move tool (V) and put it on top of all the layers that we’ve created, and then set the following:

Blending mode: Multiply
Opacity to 40%
To set the blending mode, simply click on the drop-down menu beside the word “Normal” on the top part of the Layer window. The Opacity is located just beside that drop-down menu as well. See image below:

The unblended vignette will look this:

The blended one will look like this:

Step 7: Add a grungy texture

Now, we will add textures to give the image an old and dark feel. To start, let’s open the stock image: “Grunge Texture 4” by darkrose 42 stock. Activate the Move tool (V) and drag that image to our canvas; put it above the Vignette.

Position it as shown below:

Activate the Transform tool (Ctrl/Cmd + T) and resize it as shown below:

Next, change the Blending mode of this texture to the following:

Blending Mode: Soft Light
Opacity: 40%

The result:

Next, duplicate the texture (Ctrl/Cmd + J) and use the following Blending mode for the duplicate:

Blending Mode: Multiply

The result:

Step 8: Enhance the Light and Color of the overall image

Now, we will be adding some adjustment filters to enhance the overall appearance of the image. To start, let’s create a Gradient Map adjustment layer by pressing the “Create New Fill/Adjustment layer button”.

Once open, click on the following:

Change the Blending Mode and Opacity to the following:

Blending Mode: Soft Light
Opacity: 70%

Next, click on the “Create New Fill/Adjustment layer button” once again and then Hue/Saturation.

Once open, input the following:

Edit: Master
Hue: 0
Saturation: +25
Lightness: 0

Next, create a Solid Color adjustment layer.

Clicking the Solid Color option will open the Color Picker box. Once open, input the following on the #.

Next, change the Blending Mode and Opacity to the following:

Blending mode: Soft Light
Opacity: 30%

Next, we will enhance the Exposure of our image. Click on the “Create New Fill/Adjustment layer button” and choose Exposure.

When it opens, input the following:

Exposure: 0
Offset: 0.001
Gamma Correction: 1.00

The resulting image should now be similar to this:
Back to top Go down
MrStar
Royal Member

MrStar

How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop   How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:25 am

Nice tutorial ! I will try it out!
Back to top Go down
http://starcraft0333.weebly.com
MenzTration
Ultra Member

MenzTration

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop   How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:32 am

I try this ^^
Back to top Go down
Gk-[invisible]

Gk-[invisible]

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop   How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:35 am

press Thanks if e help ^^!
i will make a 3d tutorial
Back to top Go down
[Detheroc_93]
Administrator
Administrator

[Detheroc_93]

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop   How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:30 am

Very nice.

One more thing: Only thread makers can give Thanks to others that are commenting on the topic. All we can do is to give you +. And + is given.
Back to top Go down
MrStar
Royal Member

MrStar

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop   How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 am

All i can say is to keep up the good work lad.
Back to top Go down
Gk-[invisible]

Gk-[invisible]

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop   How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:17 am

can i apply global moderator? ^^
Back to top Go down
HACKERguy

HACKERguy

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop   How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 am

Close enough.. but.. i guess.. this Forum already have the right number of moderator's.. Very Happy and btw Keep it up "+" for you..
Back to top Go down
MrStar
Royal Member

MrStar

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop   How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:46 am

Gk-[invisible] wrote:

No can do. Sr. Lars only add moderator in event's or maybe i think in proving you are the right holder to be a Moderator. BTW, don't get rush. Moderator first before G. Moderator. xD

Back to top Go down
[Detheroc_93]
Administrator
Administrator

[Detheroc_93]

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop   How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 am

Gk-[invisible] wrote:

No need to rush. Do as I did. I was a Moderator first. Just be active and share as much as you can. That will give you more reputation. After that send application to LarsValraz. He's an Administrator here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop   How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Create a Photo Manipulation of an Assassin with a Flaming Arrow in Photoshop

View previous topic View next topic Back to top