APPZXOR
Hello and welcome to APPZXOR,

We would appreciate if you register so you can enjoy
the full benefits of browsing, viewing and using our forum.
Here are some features:

• Create threads;
• Reply to threads;
• View links & images;
• Leave positive or negative feedback to a member.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register!
It's free, quick and easy!
APPZXOR
Hello and welcome to APPZXOR,

We would appreciate if you register so you can enjoy
the full benefits of browsing, viewing and using our forum.
Here are some features:

• Create threads;
• Reply to threads;
• View links & images;
• Leave positive or negative feedback to a member.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register!
It's free, quick and easy!
APPZXOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Applications Become AppZ. Join Us Now!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» See you next decade.
Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeby LarsValraz Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:43 pm

» Clean Up On Database
Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeby Vex338 Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 pm

» Guess who's back!
Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeby Vex338 Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:16 pm

» [COC] Clash of Clans
Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeby D'ShadowZRay Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:10 am

» iam new
Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeby D'ShadowZRay Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:06 am

» I need some help
Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeby akumasan_01 Fri May 01, 2015 1:25 pm

» HELLO GUYS! :))
Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeby Appz-RhastaSix Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:14 am

» Visual C# Programming Basics
Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeby Appz-RhastaSix Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 am

» Old Game!
Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeby iRegen Tue May 13, 2014 12:28 am

Top posters
[Detheroc_93]
Encryption – The Basics I_vote_lcapEncryption – The Basics I_voting_barEncryption – The Basics I_vote_rcap 
MrStar
Encryption – The Basics I_vote_lcapEncryption – The Basics I_voting_barEncryption – The Basics I_vote_rcap 
kurosakinaruto
GreyPhantom
ShadowSonic
Appzwesley29
z_f
MasterGandeo
Vex338
wafumon

Share | 

Encryption – The Basics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gk-[invisible]

Gk-[invisible]

Encryption – The Basics Empty
PostSubject: Encryption – The Basics   Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:37 am

What is encryption?
Short answer – Making something unreadable without first decrypting it.
Long answer – Let’s take an example string, ‘Text’ now as it is it is perfectly readable by any program, even your naked eye, now with encrypting it I could apply an algorithm to that string and transform it to virtually anything, for example, ’1548795200 7’ yeah, of course this was just a random number, but with some algorithm you could transform that string to anything. All you need is an algorithm. Might sound simple, yeah let’s just invent a formula, well fellas, when highly sensitive data is in place, and maximal security is needed then it is not so simple. We can virtually encrypt anything, a string, a file, a telephone line, sound, movies, text, internet connection and whatever we need to secure virtually.

When is this used?
This is used when we need security, we need to secure our sensitive documents, our financial information etc. We don’t need to encrypt our mp3 files, I bet you would not want to encrypt and decrypt an mp3 every time you want to listen to some music on your computer.

Why do we use it?
Well, nowadays privacy is a very important thing that every human needs, and we all want to feel safe about our data. We all know about crackers (usually mistaken as hackers) and we don’t want our document to be spread online freely for everyone to see. So that is one of the many reasons, another one would be to secure a software, even a shareware program, so as not to crack it simply by modifying some addresses in the program, if everything is encrypted it will be harder, as before we need to decrypt that, or find a security hole in the algorithm and exploit it, but still that is harder.

How can we do it?
We can achieve this by applying an algorithm to the file/string, in this manner we are actually destroying the original data and storing it as encrypted and the only way to retrieve the data back is not by going into the recycle bin and restoring it lol, but generally by applying the reversal of the encryption algorithm and get our data.

Now what’s next?
Now I made a software, which you can download at the end of this article, which you can experiment with. It contains 3 samples of the simplest string encryption algorithms I could find. These are called:
Flipper
Shifter
Reverser

Now let’s start with the Flipper:
This one is very, very, very, simple. This divides the string into pairs, for example takes this string, ‘Text Here’ and it divides it into pairs of two like this ‘Te’, ‘xt’, ‘ H’, ‘er’, ‘e’ (note that near the H there is a space, that is counted as a character. And it flips each character with the other, it takes the first character and replaces it with the second and replaces the second with the first, so it is something like that ‘eT’, ‘tx’, ‘H ‘, ‘re’, ’e’ so the result will be like this:
‘eTtxH ree’

Now let’s continue with the Shifter:
This one perhaps is not so easily detected, but still is not secure enough, this takes a string, again let’s take ‘Text Here’ and it takes the ASCII of each and every character and it makes the ASCII plus one, for example if the ASCII is 60 this one will return it as 61. Basically the next letter in the alphabet (at least in the English alphabet, but let’s not forget of characters like space and such) so that string would be something like ‘Ufyu!Ifsf’

And last one the Reverser:
This one is basically very simple, it just reverses the string for example ‘Text Here’ would become ‘ereH txeT’

What’s the fun?
You can experiment with that software I made you can even apply more than one encryption on the same string. For example you can use the Reverse, the Shifter and then Flipper, and Shifter again and Reverser and so one. In that way the only method to get your original string back would be to click the buttons again in the reverse order! Or you will never get your original string back! Yeah that’s right, so those algorithms applied several times on the same string would make it a pretty secure encryption.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
kurosakinaruto
Contributor
Contributor

kurosakinaruto

PostSubject: Re: Encryption – The Basics   Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:56 am

0xfc6cd7e5c1e543e1e59c649132dbe28e

try dis
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.techwrldinfo.blogspot.com
[Detheroc_93]
Administrator
Administrator

[Detheroc_93]

PostSubject: Re: Encryption – The Basics   Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:59 am

Nice! Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
kurosakinaruto
Contributor
Contributor

kurosakinaruto

PostSubject: Re: Encryption – The Basics   Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:50 pm

0j103835m630p417qm89q3446q94q52po06ro28o1p5o5rn0o75orr140r59nr352q

this is even tougher than the first one
xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.techwrldinfo.blogspot.com
Gk-[invisible]

Gk-[invisible]

PostSubject: Re: Encryption – The Basics   Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:45 pm

press "+" if e help ^^!
Back to top Go down
MenzTration
Ultra Member

MenzTration

PostSubject: Re: Encryption – The Basics   Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:03 am

nice ^^ share
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Encryption – The Basics   Encryption – The Basics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Encryption – The Basics

View previous topic View next topic Back to top