APPZXOR
Hello and welcome to APPZXOR,

We would appreciate if you register so you can enjoy
the full benefits of browsing, viewing and using our forum.
Here are some features:

• Create threads;
• Reply to threads;
• View links & images;
• Leave positive or negative feedback to a member.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register!
It's free, quick and easy!
APPZXOR
Hello and welcome to APPZXOR,

We would appreciate if you register so you can enjoy
the full benefits of browsing, viewing and using our forum.
Here are some features:

• Create threads;
• Reply to threads;
• View links & images;
• Leave positive or negative feedback to a member.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register!
It's free, quick and easy!
APPZXOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Applications Become AppZ. Join Us Now!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» See you next decade.
Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes Icon_minitimeby LarsValraz Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:43 pm

» Clean Up On Database
Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes Icon_minitimeby Vex338 Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 pm

» Guess who's back!
Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes Icon_minitimeby Vex338 Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:16 pm

» [COC] Clash of Clans
Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes Icon_minitimeby D'ShadowZRay Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:10 am

» iam new
Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes Icon_minitimeby D'ShadowZRay Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:06 am

» I need some help
Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes Icon_minitimeby akumasan_01 Fri May 01, 2015 1:25 pm

» HELLO GUYS! :))
Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes Icon_minitimeby Appz-RhastaSix Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:14 am

» Visual C# Programming Basics
Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes Icon_minitimeby Appz-RhastaSix Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 am

» Old Game!
Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes Icon_minitimeby iRegen Tue May 13, 2014 12:28 am

Top posters
[Detheroc_93]
Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes I_vote_lcapComputer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes I_voting_barComputer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes I_vote_rcap 
MrStar
Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes I_vote_lcapComputer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes I_voting_barComputer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes I_vote_rcap 
kurosakinaruto
GreyPhantom
ShadowSonic
Appzwesley29
z_f
MasterGandeo
Vex338
wafumon

Share | 

Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kurosakinaruto
Contributor
Contributor

kurosakinaruto

Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes Empty
PostSubject: Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes   Computer outperforms humans at detecting lies, by watching the speaker's eyes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 3:12 pm

If the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey taught us anything, it’s
that computers know when we’re telling a lie. While that may not
actually be the case for most computers in real life, it could
be if they’re running a program created by scientists from the
University at Buffalo. Building on a previous psychological study, the
team produced software that allowed a computer to assess a speaker’s eye
movements, to determine whether or not they were telling the truth in a
prerecorded conversation. It turns out that the computer was able to
correctly able to spot their lies with 82.5% accuracy. According to the
researchers, a trained human interrogator only manages a success rate of
about 65%.

The project utilized 40 videotaped conversations culled from a pool
of 132 used in the original psychological study, in which subjects chose
whether or not to steal a cheque, and were then asked if they had done
so. The selected videos represented a variety of skin colors, head poses
and lighting conditions, plus some of them included potential visual
obstructions, such as eyeglasses worn by the speakers.

In order for the computer to identify the tell-tale “lying eyes” of
each person, it first needed a baseline example of their regular eye
movements, as exhibited when they were telling the truth. This was
accomplished by starting each interview with simple questions, that had
obvious truthful answers, and observing the speakers’ eyes. In
particular, the program took note of their rate of blinking, and the
frequency at which they shifted their gaze.

As the conversation moved on, the subjects were asked whether or not
they had stolen the cheque. If their eye movement pattern remained the
same, it was assumed they were telling the truth. If it changed,
however, they were labelled as liars. While most of the speakers were
caught out, a few were particularly good liars, and were able to keep
their physiological responses (including their eye movements) under
control.

The scientists now plan on further studies utilizing a larger
database, and ultimately hope to develop a system that could be used
alongside human interrogators.

“What we wanted to understand was whether there are signal changes
emitted by people when they are lying, and can machines detect them?”