APPZXOR
Hello and welcome to APPZXOR,

We would appreciate if you register so you can enjoy
the full benefits of browsing, viewing and using our forum.
Here are some features:

• Create threads;
• Reply to threads;
• View links & images;
• Leave positive or negative feedback to a member.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register!
It's free, quick and easy!
APPZXOR
Hello and welcome to APPZXOR,

We would appreciate if you register so you can enjoy
the full benefits of browsing, viewing and using our forum.
Here are some features:

• Create threads;
• Reply to threads;
• View links & images;
• Leave positive or negative feedback to a member.

What are you waiting for? Go ahead and register!
It's free, quick and easy!
APPZXOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Applications Become AppZ. Join Us Now!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» See you next decade.
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeby LarsValraz Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:43 pm

» Clean Up On Database
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeby Vex338 Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 pm

» Guess who's back!
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeby Vex338 Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:16 pm

» [COC] Clash of Clans
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeby D'ShadowZRay Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:10 am

» iam new
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeby D'ShadowZRay Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:06 am

» I need some help
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeby akumasan_01 Fri May 01, 2015 1:25 pm

» HELLO GUYS! :))
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeby Appz-RhastaSix Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:14 am

» Visual C# Programming Basics
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeby Appz-RhastaSix Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 am

» Old Game!
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeby iRegen Tue May 13, 2014 12:28 am

Top posters
[Detheroc_93]
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record I_vote_lcap[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record I_voting_bar[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record I_vote_rcap 
MrStar
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record I_vote_lcap[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record I_voting_bar[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record I_vote_rcap 
kurosakinaruto
GreyPhantom
ShadowSonic
Appzwesley29
z_f
MasterGandeo
Vex338
wafumon

Share | 

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MasterGandeo

MasterGandeo

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Empty
PostSubject: [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record   [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:55 am

If you download stuff off the internet, most likely, you have encountered files having the RAR extension. It’s the format of the popular archiving software WinRAR, the purpose of which is to split big files into smaller chunks and to lower the file size. However, there are times which they can be corrupted due to several reasons such as the upload/download process, problems with the server, internet connection, etc. :rant:

This guide teaches you how to repair a corrupted RAR archive with the help of Recovery Record, I made this guide because a lot of users are having problems extracting the content(s) of the archive due to volume corruption, CRC errors, etc (especially if the file is downloaded from MediaFire, read about it [URL="http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=164471"]here)[/URL]. Maybe some of you already know about it, but a lot of users don’t, especially newbies, so I created this guide for the sake of “noobs”. Very Happy

What you need:

- WinRAR, if you don’t have it, you can download it [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?lbw2e5oyy1y"]here[/URL].

- A little bit of common sense. :rolleyes:

Here we go. Very Happy

I downloaded a file split in 6 parts (200MB each) posted [URL="http://www.symbianize.com/showpost.php?p=2224715&postcount=76"]here[/URL] (uploaded by jaymastergwapo). Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

While I was extracting its content, I encountered an error saying that three parts are corrupted. :upset:

Instead of wasting bandwidth re-downloading the corrupted part(s), check first if the archive has a Recovery Record. To check if it’s present, check the Properties of the archive (Right-click >> Properties). Smile

If it’s present, you have a good chance of fixing the archive, otherwise, sad to say, you can’t repair the archive. You can just re-download the corrupted part or tell the uploader to re-upload it. :slap:

Next step is to open any part with WinRAR and click the “Up one level” button. Highlight the corrupted part(s) (in my case, there are three), go to Tools and select “Repair Archive” or just simply press “Alt+R”. A box will pop up and select “Treat the corrupt archive as RAR”, and click “OK”. Very Happy

Then the repairing process will begin. 👏

Wait until you see the message “Done”, and then click “Close”. 👍

New file(s) (in my case, there are three) will show up with their filename having the prefix “fixed.”.

Move the corrupted part(s) in other location (I just created a folder inside that directory), just in case.

After moving the part(s), rename the repaired file(s), just remove the prefix “fixed.”, so that it’ll have the same file name along with the other parts. Wink

After renaming the file(s), you can now extract the content(s) of the archive(s) without errors. Very Happy

In my case, it’s the Pacquiao-Cotto fight. Very Happy

This is just the most common case of repairing corrupted archives, there are other cases which you have to use a Hex Editor to fix the archive. I’ll make a guide on it when I find corrupted archives which suit that case. Very Happy

Here’s a [URL="http://riepersnest.tripod.com/rar/step2.htm"]link[/URL] to that type of case, though this guide is pretty much outdated. Laughing

Thanks for reading. Smile

Feel free to ask questions. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChristerJohn

ChristerJohn

PostSubject: Re: [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record   [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:13 am

I will try it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.christer.com
Appzwesley29
Contributor
Contributor

Appzwesley29

PostSubject: Re: [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record   [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:31 am

Nice !
Back to top Go down
http://appzwesley.blogspot.com/
kurosakinaruto
Contributor
Contributor

kurosakinaruto

PostSubject: Re: [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record   [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 am

nice share
quite useful this is!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.techwrldinfo.blogspot.com
MasterGandeo

MasterGandeo

PostSubject: Re: [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record   [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:45 am

it can be post as stickies.. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record   [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record

View previous topic View next topic Back to top